Dear Book Reader,
Hey there! Can you believe that May is over? This year seems to be moving by so fast!
Reading wise, I felt like I was in a slump and I didn’t read as much as I’d have liked to. Here’s the books I did read this month:
- Ruins by Dan Wells
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Isabelle by Laurence Yep (Part of the American Girl series)
- The One by Kiera Cass
- This Is How I Find Her by Sara Polsky
- A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier
I guess six isn’t bad, but I started a few books that I haven’t finished yet.
I also posted one review, although I have a few ready to go.
I really feel like I’ve slacking in the review department. Maybe June will be a better in that regard!
It has been a really crazy week and I’ve been totally out of routine. From being out of town, meetings, errands and work, I’ve had no time for blogging. Oh, and thanks to Comcast, I was without cable and internet for five days. Let me just say it was a blessing to be able to get someone out here earlier this week or I’d still be without these services! I’ll stop my complaining about Comcast now.
I’ve had very little time for reading this week, but I’ve had time to return and get books back from the library! I finally got the first season of Downton Abbey as well. One episode of Season 4 and I was hooked (I’d have liked to see the rest of Season 4 on demand, but oh….I couldn’t. Thanks Comcast. (I’m done complaining about them, promise.)).
Onto the books!
First Time Check Out:
- The Ward by Jordana Frankel
- Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd
Checked Out/Renewed Again…and Again:
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
- The Savage Blue by Zoraida Cordova
- Ruins by Dan Wells
- The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Altered by Gennifer Albin
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- The Other Countess by Eve Edwards
- Above World by Jenn Resse
- Mirage by Jenn Reese
- Eve by Anna Carey
- Once by Anna Carey
- Rise by Anna Carey
- Wake by Amanda Hocking
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Something Real by Heather Demetrios
- The Sound of Letting Go by Stasia Ward Kehoe
- Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington
- Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney
- Insanity by Susan Vaught
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
I’m really hoping that next week results in a back to routine type living. While everything that’s been going on this week has been great, and even insightful in ways, I feel so out of the loop of life.