To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
1. I am currently reading “Curtsies & Conspiracies” by Gail Carriger and I’m almost finished with it. Less than 20 pages to go! I also just got a book titled “Throwaway Girl” through Netgalley that is hard to put down.
2. I recently finished “Lies” by Michael Grant. It can finally stay at the library until someone else wants to check it out. I’ve had it for awhile, so it feels good to have gotten through it.
3. I’m not sure what I’m going to read next. I’ve got so many books that I want to read right this moment. I need to read another debut author as to get caught up with reading at least one book per month from a debut author. I guess I’ll see what’s coming up due at the library first and then make my decision. Or maybe I should just put a poll up to help me decide at this point. 🙂
So, what are your answers to these three questions?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Realizing that Bumbersnoot must have done something, Sophronia used her foot to shift him back to his starting position behind her own skirts and looked up innocently at the raging Monique.
~ p. 98, “Curtsies & Conspiracies” by Gail Carriger
I must train my nose, she thought. Such information could be important, particularly if a given smell is associated with an enemy or an informant.
~ p.178, “Curtsies & Conspiracies” by Gail Carriger
Leave a comment with your teasers for today!
Dear Book Readers,
Here we are again at another Friday. Another look to see what I’ve gotten from my library! I’m super excited about two of the books I checked out and they’ve moved to the top of my reading list! It’s also been one of those weeks where everything came in or was up for renewal. So if this doesn’t say anything about the number of books I currently have checked out, I’m not sure what more can. Maybe I need to do a post of what I’ve managed to return each week, although it would only be one or two books.
First Time Check Out:
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
- Insanity by Susan Vaught
- Ruins by Dan Wells
- Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington
- Something Real by Heather Demetrios
- The Sound of Letting Go by Stasia Ward Kehoe
Checked Out/Renewed Again… And Again:
- Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
- Altered by Gennifer Albin
- The Savage Blue by Zoraia Corova
- Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Hereafter by Kate Brian
- Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
- A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison
- The Taming of the Tights by Louise Rennison
- Mirage by Jenn Resse
- What We Become by Jesse Karp
- Wake by Amanda Hocking
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
- The Other Countess by Eve Edwards
- The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Overdrive Media Library:
- Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
- The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow